Thursday, May 28, 2015

The baby sleeps...

Nothing is better than a sleeping baby, well, actually a sleeping baby at night would be better than a sleeping baby during the day, but I take what I can get.

As I type this, I think about the more practical things I should be doing. Napping? I have an inability to nap. I've tried, and failed, many, many times. Really something I should have perfected prior to having a baby. :) Eating? Yeah, I am sure my growling stomach will angrily remind me of that poor choice later. Most likely, at the same moment Henry wakes up. :) But, for those wanting to see pictures, here you go!

Before the pictures, one thing I must add. Yesterday, marked our one year anniversary of moving from Russia to Louisiana! What a difference a year can make! We have made some amazing friends here, we are enjoying our time in Louisiana. And the biggest difference of all, we have a baby!?!?!


I found these pictures while uploading others from my phone. This was only a day before Henry was born. I think Macy knew something was going on. She had kept her distance from me the entire pregnancy, being extra careful not to touch my belly. Starting two days before Henry was born, she was always next to me, and had her head resting on my belly. 


Last week, I got the clearance for light exercise. Macy, Henry and I have been going on daily, morning walks. Macy loves the walks. I love the time outside. 

And Henry seems to enjoy the walks too.
Not sure how long they will last, it's already getting pretty hot and humid here.

It only takes a second….

For someone's mood to change…..:)
I feel it's only appropriate. I post all these cute pictures, I have to post an unhappy picture. A bit of snuggles cures all unhappiness, thankfully.  
 I thought about taking 3 week pictures yesterday, but then realized he was closer to 4 weeks than 3 weeks. Consider this post your 3 week update, and Ryan and I will take 4 week pictures this weekend. Where has the time gone? We have survived 4 weeks with an infant. Do we get a reward? Actually, yes we do, my parents arrive on Sunday!!!

And with that, I hear Henry calling my name. The baby sleeps no more….

No comments:

Post a Comment