Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Beignets at Mile 10...

We survived our first half and full marathon! Ryan ran an amazing full marathon and finished strong. As I neared Mile 10 and spotted Cafe Du Monde, I resisted the beignets and finished my first half marathon!

I must say, for running 13.1 miles (26.2 for Ryan), it was actually pretty entertaining. The crowds of people were encouraging, the music along the course was fun, and the signs people held were humorous. My favorite was a woman on St. Charles (popular street for Mardi Gras parades) holding a sign that read "Worst Parade Ever."

Before pictures:



After pictures:


Even though I still insist I have an allergy to running (and dislike running), I am willing to battle my allergy and run this half marathon again next year. Love, take this as your opportunity to sign us up, only if you want to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment