Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Cruise 2010

Ryan and I celebrated Christmas 2010 on a cruise with my parents.  We travelled to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama.  I do not know if it was Ryan's goal, but he did a phenomenal job of testing my "outdoor" skills.
Cozumel: Secret River Excursion.  We zipped up our wetsuits, strapped on our hardhats with spotlight and climbed underground.  We spent a couple hours exploring an underground cave and swimming through an underground river.  It was actually a very exciting and beautiful adventure.


Costa Rica: Peddle and Paddle Excursion.  Again, strapped on a helmet, but this time we needed a life vest and paddle.  We started our excursion with a bike ride through Costa Rican country to the river where we would be white water rafting.  After this experience, I decided I will go white water rafting again, but it will only be after I have forgotten what it felt like to fear falling out of the raft.  :)



Panama:  The Grand Tour.  This was a much less intense excursion.  We did a boat ride tour of Gatun Lake.  Gatun Lake leads into the Panama Canal.  We also visited the Panama Canal.  A monkey chose to "join" our boat tour, adding a bit more excitement.

Yes, he stole a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

It was a great week, and a nice way to spend time with my parents before our move.
Mama and Papa Pagels


No comments:

Post a Comment