Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter Story...

No pastel, frilly dresses, or elaborate hats were present.  The chocolate bunnies found refuge outside the Russian boundaries.  Babe (the pig) was pardoned, and survived Easter 2012.  And I did not attempt to hunt, but, no colorful eggs were found.

Our Easter, in Russia, did not involve spring dresses, chocolate bunnies, goody filled eggs, or ham, but, none the less, it was a delicious experience.  A favorite of Ryan's (I am coming to learn there are many) is pineapple, cherry chicken.  I figured it was a "Springy" meal, and decided to make it the starring role of our Easter dinner.

We also did not attend an Easter brunch, but our blueberry, ricotta pancakes were plenty worthy.

You may have missed attendance to our dinner, but allow the photo to give you a glimpse.  I cannot wait for the day we can invite family to our home to celebrate the holidays.  I love cooking for dinner parties, and in the future, I look forward to entertaining, and sharing with our families.

Pineapple Cherry Chicken.  Ginger Roasted Carrots.  Spinach Buckwheat Salad.  
Oreo Cheesecake Cups.  
Wishing you all a Happy Easter.
Love,
Ryan & Virginia 

1 comment: