Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekend in Moscow

Last week, Tuesday, Ryan left for Moscow.  Wednesday, Ryan realized he would remain in Moscow until this upcoming Saturday.  Rather than spending almost two weeks apart, he booked a ticket (Wednesday night), and I was off to Moscow (Thursday morning).  I spent Thursday-Tuesday in Moscow.  My friend Linda was in Moscow with her husband, Brad (you may remember them as the couple we visited in Utah), so Linda and I were able to spend time together while the guys were at the office.

On Saturday, we spent time with Brad and Linda.  Both, are extreme Harley fans, so it was only appropriate for us to visit the Harley Dealership.  Ryan was able to show me a bike he has been looking at. After his Ducati was "borrowed" (stolen) he has missed not having a motorcycle.  I know a motorcycle is a definite in the future, just not in Russia.

I do not remember the exact model name.  Personally, I preferred the orange color (bike in the background) over the yellow.  I believe this model also comes in a completely blacked out version, which is my favorite.  I will encourage Ryan to make a comment on this post, to clarify any incorrect or missing information.  He has been studying his motorcycles. :)
P.S. Don't we look super cute?  DEFINITELY need to get another motorcycle.  
Sunday, Ryan took me on a tour of Moscow, and his different work offices.  Not only did I get to see the different office locations he goes to, but I was able to experience the Moscow Metro.  Now, I have been told that some of the Moscow Metro Stations are some of the most beautiful in the world, and after our Metro adventure, I would agree.  I only saw a few stations, and I am sure they were not the best in the city, but I thought they were beautiful.  I loved the London Underground system (and I still think London is the greatest) but Moscow wins for station design and style.

*Again, excuse the poor photography skills. 


All this, under Moscow.  1 point Moscow.
Too bad Moscow weather equals negative points (possibly -100). 


The name would be pronounced "arbatskaya" The P sounds like an R, the lowercase b makes a B sound (not to be confused with an uppercase B that makes a V sound), C is an S sound, and backwards R makes a "ya" sound.
Welcome to the Russian language.  Just a small tip of the iceberg that causes headaches after each Russian lesson.  :)

Since I have come to the realization that I do not blend in, and numerous people recognize that I am not Russian; I decided to be a tourist.
"Here sweetie, take the camera!  Get a picture of me." tossing the camera to Ryan


I titled this station, "Athlete Station"





My last minute trip to Moscow was a great decision.  It was nice to see more of the city, and even better, to spend time with Ryan.  He is scheduled to return Saturday (the 7th) which means he will not be in Novo long, before we leave for HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Look out, Houston, Ryan and I land April 12th.  We are so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not like you could tell? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment