Friday, October 4, 2013

Just call me Starbucks....

I have said it before, I will say it again, I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  They are not only tasty, but they help ease my tantrums when warm, summer weather turns into cold, fall weather.  I hate cold weather.

After our return from Spain and Portugal, I spent the week in Moscow.  Ryan had meetings to attend, so I decided to change my return flight to Novorossiysk, and stay in Moscow.  We planned a night at the opera (loved it), and I enjoyed a few more days in a city before returning to Novo.

A Krispy Kreme donut shop recently opened in Moscow, so one day, when the weather was not too cold, and the sun was shining, I walked over and bought a few donuts for Ryan.  A couple other days, I started my morning with a yummy, non-fat, extra hot, hold the whip cream, Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Thank you, Moscow Starbucks, thank you.  Hello, western civilization in a handy to-go cup.

Ryan greatly enjoyed the Krispy Kreme donuts.  It was the least I could do after he sat through the opera.  Unfortunately, he never got to enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  No need to feel sorry for Ryan, he found the perfect solution: challenge!  I was challenged to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte, at home.

Just call me Starbucks....

Making the Pumpkin Spice Syrup

Trying to filter out the spices.  Big, fat FAIL.
My (lack of) patience did not like the slowness of the coffee filter (right) and Bounty paper towel really is super absorbent (left).  I did my best, but most of the spices stayed in the syrup, but luckily sank to the bottom of the bottle. 

Chocolate oatmeal cookies pair extremely well with Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Coffee + milk + Pumpkin Spice Syrup + Whip Cream + Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie
= Pure Happiness 

What happens when you multitask while multitasking?

Simmering Pumpkin Spice Syrup on the stove, chocolate oatmeal cookies baking in the oven, getting a new baking sheet of cookies ready to go in the oven, and cutting vegetables for that night's dinner....
Celery gets thrown in your cookie batter....
If you are reading this in America, or any civilized city with a Starbucks, and you have a craving for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Drive, or walk to your nearest Starbucks, order a tall Pumpkin Spice Latte, non-fat, extra hot, hold the whip cream, and have a sip for me.  Or, if you are feeling very adventuresome, book a flight, obtain a Visa, come visit us in Russia, and I will make you a Pumpkin Spice Latte!  

No comments:

Post a Comment