Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cooking like a big kid...

The past few years, I became quite the chef. I frequently posted my culinary creations on the blog. It was in a very small kitchen, with limited food resources that I successfully became this self-proclaimed chef. One would think, now that I am back in America, with a large kitchen, and ample food resources, my culinary creations would be multiplying, but surprisingly they are not. Ryan has become the grill master, and between his grilling skills and our desire to try out the new restaurants in the area, my cooking has been set aside. Last week, I decided I needed to get back in the kitchen, and actually make something. I took inspiration from our local Fresh Market, and their monthly inspirational meal. With my new kitchen, I couldn't help thinking to myself, "I'm cooking like a big kid."

Nothing says, "Welcome home, love, like a batch of chocolate chip cookies." And nothing makes you feel more like a big kid than using a KitchenAid mixer (thanks, Mom and Dad). 

No more tiny, Russian oven. I can actually use full size baking pans again!


Macy's a pretty big deal with her bed. She can monitor all activity in the kitchen, anxiously waiting for any floor clean up duties. 


Working on the salad for dinner.


I would say I was very successful with my Fresh Market meal.
Looks just as good as the picture.
I have been asked to post pictures of the house on the blog, but I am waiting for our sea shipment to arrive. I want to have more things on the walls before I start posting pictures. Plus, Ryan and I have been super busy building various pieces for the house. Everything is coming together very nicely, and our house is quickly becoming our home. Our sea shipment is scheduled to arrive in the port of New Orleans tomorrow (the 31st), hopefully customs does not take too long. If all goes well, we should have our sea shipment delivered next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment