Thursday, October 30, 2014

Let's go hiking...

Once again, I can't go an entire month without blogging, I can come very close, but I can't let October feel left out. October has proven to be a very busy month for us. We spent part of the the last week of September in Houston, then on the 27th of September we boarded a plane for Hawaii! This trip started originally with a long weekend trip to California to visit friends, but Ryan wanted to extend the trip. He began researching places we could fly to directly from LAX. We decided that since we were living in America again, we should explore America. We decided to start our exploration with the furthest State (is Hawaii further away than Alaska?). Hawaii it was.

We visited three different islands, but our first island was Lanai. We spent four days on Lanai, and I believe each day began with Ryan saying, "let's go hiking." I was thinking more along the lines of "let's go to the pool" but not one to pass on an adventure, I went hiking. Lanai was a very quiet island, not many people, and only two resorts. It proved to be the best start to our vacation. It gave us the time to unwind, relax, and enjoy the slower, island pace.

Ryan enjoyed his off-roading in a Jeep. 

Beautiful beaches. 

Last thing I expected to see in Hawaii, tons of wild turkeys. The residents of Lanai are going to be eating very well this Thanksgiving. 

Rule number one of hiking. Must get photo documentation I actually went hiking. I even have a hiking stick. 

The weather was great during our hike to the top, overcast, but cool. The clouds rolled in and the skies opened up during our hike back to the resort. I earned the hot chocolate we ordered after we returned cold, and drenched. 


Checked the mountain hike off the list, then it was time to do the beach hike. 


If you want to see the muddy puddle Ryan found with the Jeep, or more hiking pictures, you can see them in our Lanai photo album.


Next stop, Maui. 

No comments:

Post a Comment