Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Becoming a mother, appreciating my mother...

Today was a difficult day. I took my Mother to the airport. She and I have spent the past five, almost six weeks together. Our time together made me realize how becoming a Mother has made me love and appreciate my Mother so much more, in a way I never knew was possible. I have always thought my Mother was the best. She exudes a love and kindness like no other person I know.

Since becoming a Mother, she has provided me with endless amounts of advice, and words of encouragement. The time she spent with Henry made me not only realize how lucky I am to have her in my life, but how lucky Henry is to have her as a grandmother.

It's days like today when I wish we did not live so far away from family. Our next planned visit is not until October, (even though I told her she and Dad can visit anytime they want). For now, it's FaceTime chats, phone calls, and countdowns until she and Dad can spend time with us again.

I love you, Mom!


Love and snuggles with Grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment