Monday, May 9, 2016

Off to see the world...

I started planning Henry's first birthday months ago, at the time, I didn't realize the theme I chose would become a reality so quickly. The theme, "The World Awaits" was chosen while I sat in his nursery and looked at the globe I had displayed on his dresser. I remember buying the globe, and thinking to myself how important it would be for Ryan and I to share with Henry all the adventures we had around the world, and all the adventures we hope to take him on. The world is a beautiful place, and the adventures are worth every minute. I wanted Henry to know the world awaits, and Ryan and I would do everything we could to show him all the adventures the world had to offer.

As I continued to plan Henry's party, a lot was happening at Chevron. About two weeks before Henry's birthday party, we learned Ryan got a new job. He would be working with a project in Kazakhstan, and would be rotating. 28 days in Kazakhstan working, 28 days at home not working. We were both very excited for the new opportunity. Ryan was excited for the new job responsibility, I was excited to have Ryan home, work free for 28 days. I chose to not focus on the 28 days apart. As the details of the new job surfaced, we learned Ryan would be spending some time in London, prior to starting his rotating schedule. It went back and forth, Ryan would go by himself, Henry and I would join him in London, then back to only Ryan going.

Not knowing what the final outcome would be, we decided to apply for Henry's passport just in case it was needed. The day before Henry's birthday party, his passport arrived in the mail.

We celebrated Henry's first birthday.

The day after Henry's birthday party, on Henry's actual birthday, we said good bye to Ryan. He flew off to London. As we said our goodbyes we were not certain how long Ryan would be gone, which made for a very difficult goodbye. Henry and I would stay in Louisiana awaiting Ryan's return.

Ryan arrived in London. Met his new team. They were all very supportive of our family. Within a day, Henry and I had plane tickets booked! We were going to fly over to London to spend time with Ryan! The planning, packing, and everything else involved began.

The World Awaits, and Henry is off to see the world!

Henry and I leave this week to meet Ryan in London. Ryan is currently working in Farnborough, a small town, south of London.  Current plans have us staying in London (Farnborough) a month. Ryan and I are already back to our old ways, planning travels, trips and adventures. We already have a long weekend trip planned to Brussels and Bruges, two cities we wanted to visit while we were in Amsterdam, but never got the chance to make it over there. We also have a weekend trip planned to Paris!

We are beyond excited for Ryan's new job, our European adventure, and the opportunity to show our baby boy all the world has to offer. Get ready, Henry. You are off to see the world, and you have the best tour guides, and adventure partners. Hope you can keep up with Mom and Dad!

A good blog post would not be complete without pictures:

A friend gave Henry this book when she learned Ryan would be going to London. :)



Passport. Check. 

The same friend also gave Henry this London bib. :)




I was shopping at Gap shortly after we learned of Ryan's new job,
I thought this was the perfect outfit.
The front has plane tickets and it says "off to see the world..."





2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new assignment! Henry's about the same age as Isla when we moved to Russia, and we loved all of our travels with her. It's so easy to go, go, go with just one. Y'all have fun! Henry is adorable. You're doing great, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bib made a photo shoot! So cute! These blog posts are adorable, much like sweet baby Henry. Best of luck on the new adventures! -Katherine Papageorge

    ReplyDelete