Friday, September 16, 2016

Experiencing sunny San Diego and wandering in the Giant Forest....

The Lang family finished our month long tour of California.  We enjoyed experiencing the beautiful State of California, loved our time spent with family and friends, and we were sad to say goodbye. It was difficult to say goodbye to Ryan at the airport, but we have all the memories made in California to reminisce about during our month apart.  But enough of the writing, let's get to the pictures of experiencing sunny San Diego and wandering in the Giant Forest.

But wait, there's more. Before I forget, and the reason I was able to start organizing and editing the hundreds of photos from our trip. Henry started school this week! Sorry, I call it school, but it's not, it's MDO (Mother's Day Out). Let me give a big shout out to the MDO program. Woot woot! It will be a lifesaver with Ryan gone for a month at a time. Henry goes to "school" for a few hours, two days a week. Enough time for me to fit in appointments, meetings, volunteering, cleaning, and most importantly a bit of Mommy pampering. So far, Henry has loved it, his teachers say he is sweet. Apparently, the child loves me so much he saves all his wall climbing and screaming for home.
It's impossible to get this child to sit still. 

I feel the pain of every Mother that wants just one picture to document the first day.
Just. One. Picture.
Sit. Smile. Please.

He thought it would be a good idea to run to Macy's kennel and hide, but then got upset when he couldn't get out when I said I was leaving. 
Enough of the first day pictures. Back to San Diego and Sequoia. We also stopped for the weekend in Bakersfield to visit our friends, Jon and Katie. Sadly, I only have one picture from the entire weekend. We must have been too busy having fun or chasing the kids. Henry loved lounging in their pool (the one picture I have) and playing with their daughter, Harper.

First morning in San Diego, walking to breakfast with Dad!

We enjoyed our time at the San Diego Zoo. 

And our walk along the beach and boardwalk.  

After San Diego, we spent the weekend in Bakersfield, before continuing on our California tour. Next stop, Sequoia National Park, wandering in the Giant Forest. Original plan was to camp in the park, but luckily I got out of that! We spent a few hours hiking, then drove an hour north, getting us closer to our next destination  and stayed the night in a hotel. :)
We found General Sherman. 

Pretty big tree.

Ryan took this picture and I love it!

My arms were just a bit too short to reach the top. 



We saw a black bear. 

And another BEAR. :)

Our night in the hotel was lovely. I truly enjoy sleeping indoors, on a bed, with access to indoor plumbing. People insist camping is fun, but I have a hard time believing them. 
True fashion statement.
Bear pajamas and hiking boots. Henry grabbed Dad's credit card to pay for breakfast but I told him breakfast was included with the room. 

Next stop, Yosemite National Park, where I once again was able to get out of two nights of camping, and I started to learn I may actually enjoy being outdoors, exploring nature.

If you want to see all our pictures from San Diego, Bakersfield, and Sequoia, you can click on our photo album link: San Diego and Sequoia Photo Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment