Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Welcome to Napa Valley...

We never got a picture by the welcome to Napa Valley sign, but we did have an enjoyable week in Napa Valley. Our home for the week was located in St. Helena, Ryan found the perfect location, quiet, walk to restaurants, and close to the wineries we wanted to visit. Ryan's parents joined us for the week. It was a relaxing week, filled with many new wine experiences.

Ryan and I decided an entire week of wine tasting would be a bit too much if we didn't mix in some other activities. One day, we rented a kayak, packed a picnic (wine included) and kayaked the Russian River. It was a beautiful day. We both enjoy being on the water. I must give credit to Ryan. We rented a double kayak, and we all know the front seat (my seat) is referred to as the princess seat. I attempted to paddle (occasionally), but mostly it was Ryan doing all the work. I was the spotter for any submerged trees or rocks. We work well as a team. :)

Our other day of outdoor activity included Henry. I said after Yosemite, I was done hiking. I packed up my hiking clothes and boots, they were no longer needed the remainder of our time in California. I was wrong. I actually suggested we go on a hike?!?! Maybe it was the influence of the wine, or my new appreciation for nature, but we unpacked the hiking gear, and set off on a trail. It was an enjoyable hike and allowed us to experience more of Napa Valley, other than just the wineries.

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the wineries too. Our decided favorite was Barnett Vineyard. It is located on Spring Mountain, has amazing views and amazing wine. It is a very small winery which Ryan and I both enjoyed. We were able to get away from the larger groups of people and enjoy ourselves tucked away on the mountain. We decided our final Napa Valley experience would be returning to Barnett with Ryan's parents, enjoying a picnic and bottle of wine. It was the perfect ending to a perfect week in Napa Valley.









We took Henry with us on a tasting. We enjoyed the wine, he enjoyed the breadsticks. 

Ryan and his parents took BEAR out on a Jeep adventure, exploring. 

Our return to Barnett Vineyard. Beautiful view, delicious wine. 


"I think I would like to pick this grape, right, here."
If you want to see more photos from our week in Napa Valley, you can click on our:

We said goodbye to Napa Valley, and made our way back to the mountains, next stop, Lake Tahoe. And the all important, Rubicon Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment