Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking tradition...

Each year I anxiously await for the Friday after Thanksgiving.  No, I do not participate in Black Friday Sales.

I force myself to resist the urge to play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.  Christmas is my favorite holiday and time of year.  Christmas music makes me happier than anything else (even ice cream). I have decided that since I am in Russia and will not be participating in a family Thanksgiving dinner, I will break tradition.  Today, November 15th, I started playing my Christmas station on Pandora.  It is unbelievably wonderful!!  Ironically, this is also the one month countdown until I fly back to the States.  December 15th Macy and I will board a plane from Moscow to Chicago.  Ryan will fly a week later.

All the music has inspired me to decorate, but I will wait.  Ryan does not know this yet (he is in Moscow), but this weekend there will be plenty of Christmas music, hot chocolate and we will decorate our mini Christmas tree.  No worries, I will post pictures.

Also, pictures from our recent trip to Egypt will be posted in the coming days.  I don't think I mentioned this previously, but the past 9 or 10 days were spent in Cairo, Luxor and Sharm El Sheik, Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment