Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Macy loves fresh laundry....


I do not know if this is an inherited or learned trait, but Macy is quite fond of fresh laundry.  Dryer sheets have always been her addiction.  If she happened to "stumble upon" a dryer sheet, it was immediately swept away to her kennel and quickly pulverized, not eaten, but ravenously shredded.

After much patience on my part and dedicated discipline, Macy no longer "stumbles upon" aka. "hunts" for dryer sheets.  When I dispose of used dryer sheets in the trash can, they remain in the trash can.  I struggled discipling her for the dryer sheet offenses; who am I to tell her "no" for loving the sweet smell of fresh laundry.  I find myself sniffing dryer sheets before throwing them into the dryer and taking one last sniff of the used dryer sheet before trashing.  My main complaint was that she would shred the dryer sheet, making it very difficult to clean up.  Well, it did not take long, only a few days, and Macy overcame her addiction to dryer sheets.  No need for a 12 step program, just 12 million "no", and "bad Macy"



Macy relapsed.  

I always play Pandora while cleaning, I was being a dance machine thanks to Pandora's amazing song selection and I noticed my dance partner was MIA.  I found her and a dryer sheet not in the trash can. 

"I'm so sorry.  I put myself in time out."

"I know you're not saying anything, but please don't give me the look.  Please take into consideration I did not shred them."

Seriously, how can I discipline this face?  I did my typical, "Oh, no Macy. What did you do?"  Just when I thought I was being the good disciplinary, I broke down laughing.   

The previous relapse occurred Friday while I was washing the sheets for our bed.

The next relapse occurred last night.  I had washed some bathroom towels and had them air drying.  Macy couldn't resist the fresh laundered smell.

The tan towel is one of our bathroom hand towels.
"I know it's not a dryer sheet and I can't deny that I took it off the drying rack.  No worries though, I put myself in time out."

I took this last relapse as a giant HINT that Macy wanted her bedding washed.  Macy got a bath this morning and I washed all her towels.   She jumped for joy as I pulled the clean, warm towels from the dryer.  As soon as I threw them back into her kennel, she quickly pulled them out.  She enjoyed their warmth and fresh laundered smell while completing her daily sunbathing.  





No comments:

Post a Comment