Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Peek Inside

We purchase tickets to go inside The Great Pyramid of Giza, Pyramid of Khufu and you're telling me no cameras!?!

No worries, Ryan's Blackberry captured a couple images.

A peek inside...

"I'm in a pyramid!"

"Me too!"


At 5'6", I am not a tall person.  I consider myself to be in decent shape, but place me in a tiny tunnel with an incredible incline, limit air circulation and only provide plywood with small wooden pegs and my limits are tested.  To make it even more interesting, this passage is not one way, as we were ascending, others were descending.  I guess I shouldn't complain, they did provide a handrail.  With knees bent and back hunched, Ryan and I made our way up to the King's Chamber.

No pictures inside the chamber, but we encountered another "hustler" who acted as a mini tour guide within the chamber.  He gave us a "lovely" explanation then preceded to try and extract money from Ryan.  "No thanks pal, you are not part of this tour.  Better luck with the next pair of tourists."

If I thought the climb up was interesting, going down was another challenge.  Face first?... feet first?... doesn't really matter.  Since there were other tourists making their way up and trying to be respectful, I chose feet first, I didn't feel the need to greet upcoming tourists with a face full of my derriere.  Ryan followed behind, taking pictures.



"Are you taking a picture of my butt?"

"Are your legs getting a workout too?"



In order to provide measurements and to support our pictures, I did some highly complicated research, I went to wikipedia. :)  The passage is 3.1 ft high and 3.4 ft wide.  The angle is at 26.

My translation, "super small, super steep."

No comments:

Post a Comment