Thursday, December 6, 2012

A True American Tradition....

Another addition to: "Things that bring me great joy" Russian edition.

'Twas my typical daily trip to the grocery store.
I had my list of items, always in need of more.
The shelves were stocked with randoms goods.
While I dreamed of American foods.

When, what to my surprise, a need for celebration.
It was a true American Tradition.
I quickly grabbed a bag, then two.
I knew just what to do.

Enough with the bad poetry.  I found two items in the grocery store today that brought me great joy.  Not only am I adding this to "things that bring me great joy" but also to my list of evidence that the nearby grocery store is stocking items that will cause expats to have celebrations in the middle of the aisles.  Well played Tabriz (grocery store name), well played.  You successfully caused this expat wife to celebrate.



As I merrily walked home, I resisted the urge to hand out candy canes to a few children I passed.  I also thought to myself, if marshmallows are marketed as "A True American Tradition" do our fellow Russians know how to truly appreciate a marshmallow?  My worries were solved once I was home, and looked at the back of the bag, this is what it says:

How to BBQ perfect Marshmallows?
1. Stick 1-2 marshmallows on a long-handled stick or barbecue fork.
2. Hold the stick about 20 cm ABOVE the heat source.  Do NOT hold the marshmallows IN the flame.
3. Rotate your utensil until all sides are golden brown.
4. Let the marshmallow cool off.
5. Eat and enjoy! For a perfect result, use Rocky Mountain Classic Marshmallows.

Do you want S'More?
A s'more ("some more") is a traditional campfire treat very popular in the United States and Canada, consisting of a roasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham crackers (biscuits). Try some more!

Very insightful marshmallow bag.  Only problem, the Russian sticker slapped on the back to translate the nutritional information did not translate your instructions.  We will not be barbecuing our marshmallows, I have already called Ryan and informed him we will be enjoying hot chocolate WITH marshmallows after dinner, this evening. I already ate a candy cane while FaceTiming with my Mother, the remaining survivors will be placed on our Christmas tree waiting their most certain death in the coming weeks.  

A behind the scenes view of this blog's photography.  Consider this the outtakes they play at the end of movie credits.  This is what was occurring behind the camera, I turned the camera around to capture......

As I placed the items under the tree for a photo, someone decided she wanted to play.
Drop ball, wait patiently....... 

Human isn't throwing ball, but laughing begins.....cue to go after ball.....


The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment