Friday, December 21, 2012

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

It would not be the holiday season if cookies were not present, in large quantities.  I usually bake for the Christmas season in my mother's kitchen, with many available taste testers, but this year I am in Novorossiysk.  Do not allow the change of location to mislead you.  I am still baking large quantities of cookies, and I still have many available taste testers (one in particular).

This year, I have been baking away, and in order to keep our waistlines in check, I have been spreading holiday cheer at the Chevron office.  It's a win-win.  I get to fulfill my baking desires, taste the lovely creations, then send the majority of them to the office.  Nothing says, Happy Holidays better, (sorry you are at work) than a tasty treat to make your day a tad bit better!  :)

Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
(I was going to make Peanut Butter Blossoms, but I could not find the perfect substitute for a Hershey Kiss)

If you want to be technical, these are not a cookie.  The Russian version of Oreo balls, without Oreos.
Never made it to the office.  I only made a very small batch to see if they would actually turn out.  They were delicious, and consumed very quickly. 

Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
A woman on the team had a "Sweep Swap" party.  I learned it is very popular in the Southern States.  Everyone brings cookies to the party, and then you swap, so you go home with a variety of cookies.  

If I had to award a grand prize, these would win.   
Hot Cocoa Cookies.
Only possible, thanks to "A True American Tradition" see earlier blog post.

Picture taken at sunset during one of my cookie baking episodes.  I thought the peaks of snow on the mountains with the clouds were quite nice.
Our city is currently covered in a sheet of ice.  I have been told that not much snow falls, but ice is very common.  Last year, I was in the States for the majority of the winter season.  This year, I will get to experience all the "loveliness" of the Russian winter.  
I post this cookie blog now in case anyone is in need of cookie inspiration.  I am always willing to pass on any recipes, and would love to hear what you are baking.
It's the most wonderful time of the year....

No comments:

Post a Comment