Monday, March 11, 2013

Table Mountain

After each trip, I find myself wanting to look through the pictures, and relive the adventures and memories.  I do not always find myself wanting to edit pictures, deleting the blurry or multiples.  I especially do not look forward to uploading the pictures since our internet is much too slow.  But, anytime I log into the website, and view past photo albums, I am always happy I chose to create an album.  I have finally sat down, and begun the process of creating photo albums for our South Africa trip.  Starting with, Table Mountain...

Our flight landed early afternoon in Cape Town.  After a quick car rental, and drive, we reached our guest house.  We would spend the next four days in Cape Town.  Upon arrival, our lovely hostess explained that the weather was exceptionally clear on Table Mountain, and if we had no other plans, we should head to the top.  Originally, Ryan and I planned to hike to the top of Table Mountain, but with the afternoon growing later, we decided to ride the cable car up, telling ourselves if we had time later, we would hike up a different day (we never had the opportunity).


View of Lion's Head from the top of Table Mountain.  Robben Island is also visible, to the right of Lion's Head.  We would find ourselves hiking up Lion's Head, and visiting Robben Island on upcoming, separate days.  


A quick cable ride up, and then we spent the next couple hours hiking around the top.  We explored numerous paths, Ryan found a particularly amazing photo spot.  His find, and his standing on the rock drew the attention of other hikers, and he quickly drew a crowd.  I put my "big girl" pants on, and braved the climb to the top, and stood for what turned out to be an amazing picture.  If I remember correctly, as Ryan was taking the pictures, his words were, "Your Mother is going to be so mad at me."  Considering the events we had planned (and others we did not were to come), me, standing on the edge of this rock would be the least of my Mother's worries.




The time quickly passed, our stomachs grew hungry, so we decided to once again, hop in the cable car, and make our way back down.  That night, after Ryan saved me from our first uninvited room guest (see photo album), we jumped in a taxi for the V&A Waterfront, and feasted on our first of many, many, way too many delicious meals.  

If you missed the link in the first paragraph, and wish to view our Table Mountain. Cape Town, South Africa Photo Album, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment