Friday, August 16, 2013

Chicago with the parents...

Last weekend, my parents and I boarded the train, destination...Chicago.  During my summer time in the States, I have successfully taken my parents on journeys involving planes, trains, and automobiles.

My super cute parents walking the streets of Chicago.  

Coffee break.
Dad greatly enjoyed the endless people watching.
I decided to run outside and get a picture.




My parents and I were getting together with Ryan's parents, Jayn and Dave.  We had tickets for Saturday night's Cirque Shanghai.  Everyone enjoyed the show.  My personal favorite was watching my Mother, and Ryan's Mother react to five motorcycles in the metal sphere.  Neither Mother could watch, and had their heads down.  After the show, we enjoyed the Saturday evening fireworks, and then were off to the hotel.
Grabbing dinner and margaritas at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville on Navy Pier. 




Sunday brought another day of beautiful weather.  A stroll back to Navy Pier, where Dad and I rode the ferris wheel.  Jayn and Dave toured a few boats involved with the Tall Ships event.

Dad and I were pretty excited for the ferris wheel.
Tickets in hand, we were ready.




Our view from the ferris wheel of Dave, Jayn, and Mom.



Waving to Dave, taking the picture.

I have the picture on my iPhone, but will save my parents the embarrassment of posting. I can guarantee my parents were officially worn out after their time in Chicago, both quickly and deeply fell asleep on the train back to Indiana.

My time in the States is quickly winding down.  I am going through the mixed emotions.  I desperately want to get back to Ryan (and Macy), but I desperately wish I did not have to go back to Russia.  Once I am back in Russia, I am good, but it's the thought of the travel time, overnight alone in Moscow, and then flight the next morning down to Novorossiysk that is a lot to think about all at once.  I have been unsuccessful with finding a pair, but I really wish I could purchase a pair of ruby red slippers, and just click my heels.


No comments:

Post a Comment