Wednesday, August 14, 2013

They hatched!

A quick update.  If you remember, during our stay on Lankayan Island, Ryan and I adopted a nest of sea turtles.  You can read about it by clicking on the link to the post: SCUBA and Sea Turtles.

I received an email this week from the research assistant on Lankayan Island.  She provided me with the information, and a few pictures.  I am so excited.....they hatched!!


Nest no.: 125
Species: Green turtle
Incubated since: 21 June 2013
Number of eggs: 160 eggs
First emergence: 7 August 2013
Total babies hatched: 108 baby turtles




Somewhere, out in the great, blue ocean, our little turtles are swimming around.  Maybe we will see some of our baby turtles during future dive trips!  Just keep swimming....

P.S. I received my PADI dive card this week.  I am official!!

No comments:

Post a Comment