Monday, March 16, 2015

The Crescent City Challenge...

In our constant effort to stay active, and create goals for ourselves, Ryan and I (mostly I) have created the Crescent City Challenge. The idea was sparked almost a year ago, when Ryan signed us up for the Crescent Connection Bridge Run, it was within our first couple weeks of moving to Louisiana, and Ryan thought it would be a great idea to run 4 miles, across a bridge in the heat and humidity of Louisiana. If you know me, you know I do not enjoy running. I love to workout, have even been known to run a race or two, but the time is usually spent thinking about things I hate more than running. Usually, I think, and think, and cannot think of anything I dislike more. Surprisingly, each time I finish a race, I say that wasn't so bad, and tell Ryan to sign us up for another.

Since I am pregnant, and gaining weight like it's my job (which right now it currently is), I decided to embark on the Crescent City Challenge. A great way to stay active while pregnant, and a great way to shed the weight once Baby Boy Lang arrives. Five races that take place in New Orleans through out the year. The first race took place this past weekend. Check one off the list, four more to go.

St. Patrick's Day Classic
I must give Ryan lots of credit. He chose to walk the race with me, even though you could tell it pained him when all the runners took off, he was very sweet and walked the short race with me. He got to experience my insanely awesome pregger power walking. We finished, even passing a few others along the way, collected our "Kiss me, I'm a runner" badge, and t-shirt. The next race takes place April 4th, and Ryan has already said he would not be walking with me, I completely understand. 


The only race I am concerned with is June 6th, depending on when Baby Boy Lang arrives, and how my recovery goes, I may or may not be able to participate, but I will try my best. The great thing, they allow strollers in all the races, so baby boy can join!

And, 31 weeks pregnant, feeling good…





No comments:

Post a Comment