Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Day in the Life.....

I got this idea from Stori.  She is keeping a blog during her time in Russia and someone gave her the idea to keep track of a day and post for others to see what you did that day.  I decided this would be a good idea because I have frequently heard the question "What do you do all day?".  :)  I plan to do this once a month.  My apologies if you find this boring, there is only so much to do in Novorossiysk and when your husband is away for business.  To those whom have asked the question, "What do you do all day?" here is your answer for today March 29, 2011.  Stay tuned for future A Day in the Life....


6:00 am Woke up, made a cup of tea and sat down to talk with my parents over iChat.  It was 9pm their time.  
7:30 am Took Macy outside to go potty. She came back in to have her morning yum yums.  :)  I had a bowl of cereal while watching CNN International.  
8:00 Checked emails, sent one to Ryan.  Aberdeen is three hours behind Novorossiysk.  I was able to talk to him last night, before bed, he seems to be enjoying Scotland.  We are thinking about making a trip around Scotland for one of our R&Rs this year.    
9:00 Alexander picked me up and took me to the gym.  
10:45 Arrived home.  I did a cardio and leg workout.  It seems that the ladies only do leg workouts, maybe because their skirts are so short, they want to keep their legs looking nice.  The gym is very interesting, I don’t really blend in.  The girls in my age range are about the size of a spaghetti noodle and the older women are more pleasantly plump.  Either way, they don’t seem to sweat and come to the gym with hair and make up done.  Needless to say, I get some strange looks when I am all sweaty and wearing some random T-shirt.  
-Don’t worry about Macy, I took her outside to go potty after arriving home. :)
11:00 Quick shower and lunch. 1/2 PB&J with an apple for me.   More yum yums for Macy. :)  Threw in a load of laundry before leaving. 
12:00 Stori and her daughter Isla had their driver meet Kim and me at the apartment building.  Stori is the wife of Nick and Kim is the wife of Ed.  Both of their husbands work with Ryan.  We made a trip to the South Market to explore the shops.  I found a trash can!  Well, no need to get too excited, it is a clothing hamper that I am using as a trash can.  The very nice thing is that it is a corner unit so it fits nicely in the corner of our kitchen.  
2:30 Went to the Chevron office to pick up our mail.  Our mail is delivered once a week in a DHL pouch.  Ryan brought our mail home last week, but since he is gone and Stori’s husband is also gone, we both stopped by to pick up our pouch mail.  I got more magazines!  Woot woot, I will be entertained. 
3:00 Arrived back at apartment.  “Garbage can” is sitting nicely in the kitchen.  
3:30 Went to visit Ed and Kim’s apartment.  It is always interesting and exciting to see how other apartments look.  Ed and Kim arrived in Novorossiysk this week and many more families are arriving next week.  Our building is filling up!
5:00 Walked to Tebrez, a grocery store that is very close to our building.  I picked up a few random items.
6:00 Made dinner, for one. :(  I always hate making dinners when Ryan is gone, I don’t enjoy eating by myself.  I usually end up having a bag of popcorn (last night's choice) or a bowl of cereal for dinner, but tonight I picked up a salmon steak at the grocery store.  They have a prepared meal area.  I made some rice and vegetables to go with.  
I also started a second load of laundry.  The small washer makes for daily small loads, 2 bath towels here, some workout clothes there.  
-Again, don’t worry about Macy.  I have been taking her out to go potty and she ate some yum yums while I was eating dinner.  :)
7:00 Decided to plant my new seeds.  I was very careful not to overwater.  I believe my first problem, of many, when it comes to gardening is that I overwater.  I don’t want the poor little seeds to dry out, but it seems my caring is a bit too much.  I did plant some more hot pepper seeds, my previous ones are not growing yet, so I thought I would give them another try.
8:30 Sat down at the computer to add new television stations to our growing list of English Channels.  I don’t really watch TV, but it is reassuring to know I have options and that I can turn to various channels just to hear some English.  We are currently up to 37 channels.  A large portion are news and music.  I am too much of a perfectionist and it took me way too long to decide on a layout I liked. 
  
9:30 I also figured, that while I was at the computer I should work on some Rosetta Stone.  I have neglected my studying for the past few days.  Not good. (I was going to say not good in Russian, but I don’t know how to type the Cyrillic characters). :)
10:00 The Russian did not last very long, I am too tired to try and study at night.  I have decided I do much better earlier in the day.  Tomorrow, I will be better and study earlier.
I am going to take Macy outside one last time, get ready for bed, and snuggle in to read for awhile.  I am currently reading Racing in the Rain I have only read a few chapters and I am enjoying it.
Good Night Everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. It's no secret that I'm incredibly nosey, so I enjoying knowing what you do every hour of the day! :-P Glad that you're keeping yourself busy!

    ReplyDelete