Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apartment or Castle?

I realized today, I have not shared a photo of our apartment keys.  It was the strangest thing I noticed about our apartment, and it was before we even unlocked our doors for the first time!  Ryan's family and my family have seen our keys during video chat, but I want to share a picture with everyone following our blog.  Sorry for the delay, I realize we have been here a couple weeks already.
                                
                       You decide: Apartment or Castle?

You have to turn the key about three times in the lock to lock and unlock the door.  It took some getting use to.  The black disc is how we unlock the front door of our apartment lobby.  I know when Ryan is home from work, because every time you use the fob to let yourself in the lobby door it chimes in our apartment.  Macy has also learned the noise and runs to the door to wait for Ryan.
One very convenient feature of our apartment building is the keypad outside the building's front door.  Visitors can call our apartment and we can buzz them in.  You may have noticed a white phone hanging on the wall in our apartment pictures.  It is much more convenient than our apartment building in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment