Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Moving Day

I am aware that I have already made one post today, but the previous post was originally typed on Wednesday, March 2nd.  In order to not "jinx" our move, I waited until everything was officially approved.

Since the previous post was typed, we have received our Visas from the Russian Embassy and the movers came on Friday.  The moving company was quite the experience.  I have never seen so many people, move so quickly, packing items.  I compared them to tornados, highly skilled, very organized and efficient, but tornados.

So, today is the day.  I must admit, unsurprisingly, I did not sleep much last night.  There are a plethora of emotions running through me; disbelief, excitement, fear, anticipation, relief.  I have never done a move like this before, but I would assume all are normal.

I am nervous about Macy.  I know many dogs, everyday, spend long amounts of times in kennels, but fortunately, I am able to not have to put Macy in a kennel for an extended period, except at night.  Today, she will spend her longest time kenneled and on a plane.  Our airline is known for excellent pet care, but I hope she is comfortable.

Well, I think that is the end of my post.  Today, March 7, 2011, Ryan and Virginia move to Russia.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment