Sunday, June 5, 2011

First R & R

Ryan and I will take our first R & R (rest and recreation) starting next week and continuing until June 19th.  Chevron provides the opportunity for expat families to spend time traveling away from their assignment location.  Ryan left yesterday for Scotland and I leave tomorrow.  He has training in Aberdeen until Thursday, June 9th.  After training we will begin our road trip of Scotland.  Destinations include (and not limited to) Inverness, Stirling, and Edinburgh.  On Wednesday, June 15th we will board the British Rail from Edinburgh to London and spend the remainder of our trip in London until we fly back to Russia, June 19th.

I am very excited for this trip.  A good amount of investigation effort went into locating boarding facilities. We decided to stay away from hotels during our Scotland road trip.  We chose bed and breakfasts for Inverness and Edinburgh.  Ryan wanted to stay in a castle, so I booked us a room at Broomhall Castle in Stirling (hope it's not haunted) :)

I will try to post during our trip, but based on previous trips, I do not seem to do so well.  I hope the new camera holds up and I collect many pictures to share with everyone.

Speaking of pictures, I took a few today.

I posted pictures many weeks ago of my freshly planted seeds, well, I have been successful and I do have plants.

I also experienced my first thunderstorm in Novorossiysk.  I love summer and with summer comes thunderstorms.  I enjoyed sitting on our patio, watching the storm move in.  It was not the most impressive and it left very quickly, but it was nice to watch and hear the rain and thunder.  Macy didn't seem to mind the thunder.

Chili pepper plant, salad mix, spinach, chili pepper plant.

Various flowers.  Extra chili pepper plants in the center.  Does anyone want chili pepper plants?

First flower!


No comments:

Post a Comment