Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I went hiking?????

I am sure that all who know me well have probably either laughed or gasped in shock.  I, Virginia Lee Lang went hiking.  Ryan and I joined Ed, Kim and their children Kaitlin and Patrick.  Ed had recently hiked this area and wanted to show the rest of us.  I chose a hike friendly outfit, packed some snacks and water and put on my outdoor aka. old sneakers.  I was ready.

We travelled to an area known as 7 Winds.  The drivers let us out and we began our hike.  It really was not too bad. Kaitlin and Kim are impressive ladies, very comfortable in nature and very open to picking up bugs.  In the picture below, it is Kaitlin's hand the bug is resting upon, not mine!  We encountered a decent amount of mud, but thankfully, no wild animals.  Ryan and Patrick did their fair share of using weeds to brush against me.  I would jump and start flicking away the "bug" only to have them laugh at me.  I thought the weather was going to be warm, but luckily Ryan suggested I bring a jacket.  I am glad I listened, it was pretty windy on the mountain.  Unfortunately, the weather was pretty overcast so we didn't get the best views of the Black Sea or Novorossiysk, across the harbor.

I made sure to capture some evidence of my hiking.  Ryan is on a quest to finally get me to go camping.  You know, I am going to try my hardest to somehow distract him from this idea.  :)

Towards the end of the hike.  We..... I mean....I survived. :)


Ugh.  I had a difficult enough time taking a picture of the bug,
I couldn't imagine having it on my hand. 

Evidence of the mud on my shoes. 

So stinkin' cute. :)

Ryan had the camera ready during the muddy passes.  He was waiting to capture me falling.  Sadly for him, luckily for me, I remained on my feet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment