Monday, July 25, 2011

A fortune come true...

I was going through an old wallet recently and came across a fortune cookie slip that I have carried with me for years.  If I remember correctly, I received this fortune during a mother/daughter lunch a few years ago.  Actually, I was in high school, so when I say few, I mean 7 or 8 years ago.  Ok, now I feel old.  High school does not seem like it was that long ago.

The fortune says: You will step on the soil of many countries.

It is crazy to think that I held on to this specific fortune.  Ryan and I have been very fortunate to "step" on the soil of so many countries.  It is also crazier, to think that I got my first passport less than a year ago.  Since then I have travelled to Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Russia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates (Dubai), Scotland (UK), England (UK), and in less than a month I will be stepping on the beautiful soil of Greece!

Ryan and I wanted to travel somewhere to celebrate our first anniversary.  Ryan chose Greece and planned everything.  I know very little about where we are staying.  I know what islands we will be traveling to, but the rest remains a mystery.  I am excited about the mystery, but more importantly I am very excited to spend some away time with Ryan.  I am still in the States, until August 2nd, and I am really missing Ryan. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment