Saturday, July 6, 2013

All in a month....

It has been almost a month since I last posted, and a lot can happen in a month.  My lovely husband (whom I miss dearly, he is in Russia while I am in the States) reminded me today that it has been too long since I last posted, so allow me to quickly catch you up on the last month.

Ryan and I travelled to Kuala Lumpur, then Borneo.  After Borneo, we returned to Kuala Lumpur.  Ryan stayed in KL for a week of training, I flew back to the States.  I left Borneo on June 24th, flew to KL, on June 25th I flew from KL to Moscow, on June 26th, I flew from Moscow to Chicago.  WAY TOO much flying in two/three short days, but it was all worth it when my feet touched American soil.  Sadly, Ryan remains in Russia.

As is always the case, I hit the ground running.  I celebrated my birthday with dinner at Giordano's in Chicago, and  June 30th, my parents and I boarded a plane to the beautiful city of Charleston, South Carolina.  We stayed in Charleston until July 5th, celebrating Independence Day in Charleston.

I will post about it all, but for now I must start from the beginning.  June 13th-14th, Kuala Lumpur.  Our full day in KL was spent with our tour guide, and a walking tour.  Ryan ate the best (and cheapest) donut he has ever tasted in his life.  The street vendors were abundant, cheap, and extremely delicious.

A stop at a street vendor for a delicious donut, and coconut puff to fuel our walking tour.  
 
One item that was on the must see list was the Skybridge of the Petronas Towers.  After our walking tour finished, we grabbed our tickets, and were off to walk high above KL, and capture some amazing views of the city.



Ryan's fish eye lens on his camera was awesome for taking pictures on the Skybridge, and pictures of the Petronas Towers. 

Ryan was his normal, fantastic self, and made reservations at a wonderful restaurant where they offered a delicious tasting menu.  This was our second experience with a tasting menu (first time was in Cape Town), and once again, we both greatly enjoyed the experience.  We enjoy the opportunity to try many new items, and items prepared in unusual ways.  View the photo album to see the new, and unusual food we tried.

On our way to dinner.
If only I knew then what I know now.  This photo documented the last time I was my "normal" self.  I had no idea what adventures Borneo had in store for me.  

Our dinner was a nice early celebration for my upcoming birthday, and also a toast to our upcoming adventure.  The next day we were scheduled to fly to Borneo to begin what was an incredible experience, and at the same time, a test for myself.  I will explain more later.

This adventure was the first time Ryan and I both had our own camera.  It turned out very well.  We were able to capture many, great pictures.  Check out the photo album from Kuala Lumpur!


Our next stop was Borneo, where the adventure really began.  Ryan and I had a lot of adventures, many memories were made, and most importantly, I survived....

No comments:

Post a Comment