Sunday, May 25, 2014

It's Moving Day...

The moving company's slogan is "We make it easy" I do not have to pack anything, so yes, that makes it easy, but they do not address the stress issue. It's no surprise I like to have control, and when it comes to sitting back and watching someone else pack my belongings, it's stressful. I am constantly reminding myself that it's ok, they will do a good job, and everything will be fine.

Ryan had the perfect solution, he sent me out, he told me to leave, go to the gym. I was gone for a couple hours, and when I returned, a lot had been packed, I did not have to sit and watch the process. I am also typing this blog in "real time" the movers are still here, they have finished with the smaller items, and are now working on the larger pieces. The more I can keep myself occupied, the better.

I took pictures of the apartment pre-movers, and a few shots during the packing process.

We were told that at least one of the movers would speak English. I figured hello, would be the extent of the English, I was correct. Luckily, I planned ahead, and had things organized so with very few words, I could explain what needed to be packed. 

She knew something was up.

I put all of our things into a few areas. The kitchen was above, this is our second bedroom. 

Our Master bedroom has all our luggage that will go with us on the plane. The door has been shut to this room all day, no movers allowed. Perfect plan, because I don't have to worry about them accidentally packing something I need. 

Front closet was our designated air shipment items. We get an air shipment, and sea shipment. The air arrives sooner, we were told 3-4 weeks, and the sea takes upwards of 8-10 weeks. Last time, they had a designated box for air, and I helped cram it as full as possible. This time, it seems everything was boxed just the same as the sea shipment, so who knows what will arrive by air. It will be a surprise!

Our Master Closet. I would have thought with all our suitcases packed, we would have less clothes to send in the shipment, but that was not the case. 

I was checking the front parking lot for the moving truck when I took this picture. Little did I know that it was already parked around the corner. 

Let the boxing begin. I sat at the kitchen table, Macy was on high alert. 

The amount of boxes has more than quadrupled since this photo was taken. We now have a nice maze built through out the apartment. 

No need to worry Macy, they will not put you in a box. 

Stressed puppy. The tape dispensers are so loud. 

Did someone just pick up my food bowl? 


All boxes will stay in the apartment tonight. Tomorrow morning, they will return and load everything into the truck. Tomorrow afternoon, the woman will arrive to pick up Macy. I don't even know how I am going to handle that.


No comments:

Post a Comment