Wednesday, May 7, 2014

We went fishing...

True story. Last Sunday, Ryan and I, along with a few Russian friends from the office, enjoyed a day on the Black Sea, fishing.

Maybe it's because we are in our last month of life in Russia, but Ryan and I both tried a new, very Russian experience. After three years of living within walking distance of the Black Sea, Ryan finally jumped in, and swam in the Black Sea. I passed on that experience. After three years of living in Russia, where it is very common to eat whole, fried fish (small ones, about 3 inches long), I finally gave in to peer pressure (I told the ladies they had to remove the heads for me) and ate one, actually two. Ryan passed on that experience.








Making my fish face while I carry the bucket of fish. 


Ryan caught a fish!

Proof I actually fished. 

I caught one! 

Posing with my fish, keeping a safe distance.
I successfully went the entire day without touching a fish, besides the two fried fish I ate.

One of these fish is not like the others.
Leave it to me to catch the weird fish.

Before he jumped off the boat. 

And after.


Today marks the three week point. In three weeks, at the this time, Ryan and I will be on a plane, flying to America. Things are moving along with our house, we now have a driveway! I have ordered blinds and shutters for the house. Ryan is being awesome, and dealing with all the moving logistics, mortgage, home insurance, and everything else I have no desire to deal with. But, I did successfully complete our inventory lists. If we continue to move every few years, inventories are something I am going to have to get use to. Luckily, I am not a pack rat, and am pretty organized. To anyone reading this that wants to become more organized and de-clutter. Inventory everything in your house.

1 comment:

  1. I loved going deep sea fishing here in the states. They strap you into a chair and everything. It is the catch of a lifetime for most and so much fun. I caught a big one! My husband was jealous. I can't wait to pack a picnic and spend the afternoon on the boat again, It's so much fun!

    Melanie Daryl @ Islamorada Fishing Source

    ReplyDelete