Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tree, Rockettes, and the search for winter weather...

Continuing with our travels of the United States, Ryan and I boarded a plane to New York City. We searched through our winter gear for coats, hats, gloves, and scarves. Our goals included finding the really big tree (check), seeing the Rockettes (check), and experiencing some winter weather (check). We left the warm weather of Louisiana for a weekend of Christmas in New York City.

With all the excitement of the holiday season, I am a bit late with this post, but as they always say, better late than never. Our weekend getaway took place the middle of December, and provided the perfect start to our Christmas celebration. The trip also provided me with the perfect reminder of why I love living in the South. After just shy of 24 hours in NYC, I was ready to fly south again, I have very easily become accustomed to warm, southern winters.

It did snow while we were in New York, or I guess I should say as we were landing in New York. The snow did not last for long, but the cold temperatures did. The weather was great for exploring the city with cups of hot chocolate in hand, visiting the Rockefeller Christmas Tree multiple times, and fulfilling my wish to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall for their Christmas Spectacular.

No travel experience is complete without sampling local cuisine. We had our share of New York City bagels, cheesecake, and pizza. It's a great thing we did a lot of walking around the city.






If you want to see our other adventures while in New York City, you can view the remaining pictures from our trip in our photo album below. Click on the link.


Ryan and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy start to 2015. And, for those of you in the North, experiencing the cold, winter weather, I'm sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment