Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One BIG Update

I realized I have been neglecting our blog and it has been over a week since my last post.  I shall take the time to update everyone.  We have truly settled in here and have figured out our daily schedule and ways to occupy our time.  I believe that may be one reason I am forgetting the blog, I figure everything we are doing is just typical (which it is) of our lives.  

Currently, Ryan is in Moscow.  He left for work on Monday, came home from work early, packed and left for the airport.  We didn't think he was going this week, but plans changed.  He is supposed to be back Saturday.  Looks like it is just Macy and me this week.  

This past weekend, we had a luncheon with all the Chevron families.  It was at a restaurant with a beautiful view of the sea.



This past October, in preparation for our move to Russia I had my french tips removed.  I did not think I was able to have my nails done in Russia.  To my surprise and excitement, there is a salon that does a beautiful job.  I went on Monday, and spent 3 hours in the chair while she "constructed" the nails.  I am not kidding, they do not use tips here, they use a gel that they mold onto each nail to create the tip.  It was a test of my patience, but surprisingly it did not seem like I was there that long.  I was surprised to look at the clock and realize how long I had been there.  In the end, they're back, and I am loving it!


I did not notice this before, but after seeing this outside our apartment building, I realized that Russia needs more pick up trucks.  This, I would assume, is Novorossiysk's substitute for a lack of pick up trucks.  My apologies for the picture quality, I saw this parked outside and by the time I ran to find the camera, the car was pulling away.  Large bungee cords of some kind are holding large cardboard boxes to the top of this vehicle.  Luckily for the driver we were not having a windy day.  I believe that would have been very entertaining to witness.  


Lastly, I know that Mike and Rose regularly read the blog.  I wanted to give a big congratulations to them on the birth of their first grandson Bryce!!! :) 


1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how quickly you get settled into the "new normal!" I cannot believe how quickly my time has been filling up.

    I'm excited for Rose and Mike!!! Bryce is definitely a healthy weight, which is such a blessing! Hopefully, he will be able to go home soon.

    ReplyDelete