Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Apologies....

Sorry friends, I realized that I only made Istanbul Day 1 public for viewing.  I have corrected the settings and now all albums are available for viewing.

Since I am already posting, I will share with you a challenge I am facing.  I have the biggest challenge walking Macy.  I miss Kim, my walking buddy.  She has raised dogs her entire life and is incredible with not only Macy, but me.  Novorossiysk has many stray dogs, or just dogs that their owners do not keep on a leash.  Macy is not the best with other dogs, she is a chicken.  I am also a chicken when it comes to other dogs.  I never know how they are going to react.

The reason this is so fresh in my mind is because I just returned from walking Miss Macy.  Overall, we did fairly well.  We encountered our first stray about 5 minutes into the walk.  The dog barked and followed us for a bit, but as usual, a few NOs and SHOOs made it go away.  Our next encounter was just a few short minutes later.  This one actually made me giggle, a huge, drenched (must have been swimming in the sea) black lab came up to Macy.  I think he may have been more scared of Macy.  He was such a sweet fella.

As you can see, I do not have any concrete reasons for fearing the other dogs, and I just need to get over it.  It may also be the lack of language to communicate to other dog owners that Macy is not bad, she is just skittish, or if something were to happen, how would I communicate that I need help.    I guess I am writing this so in the future, when I look back at my previous posts, I will laugh at myself for such a silly fear.

Ok that is all, again, sorry if you couldn't see the pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment