Monday, July 2, 2012

Calgary

I desperately want to jump ahead and post all the beautiful pictures from our hiking, but I will restrain myself, and blog in sequential order.  Also, I am slowly learning how to export my photos so they are more "upload" friendly.  Be patient friends.  :)

I did not spend much time in Calgary.  I arrived Thursday night, and Ryan and I set off for our road trip to Lake Louise Friday afternoon.

Cute diner we had breakfast at before our road trip began. 


After placing my breakfast order,  I decided to take a small stroll and test out the camera.  
Very interesting store.  I didn't go inside, but I greatly enjoyed the bubbles and decorations.  

I don't know why, but I love when cities have small streets with cafes, surrounded by large skyscrapers.  

Hello, birthday breakfast.  A very tasty Mediterranean omelet.  Ryan greatly enjoyed his breakfast bowl.  

A couple shots after breakfast, during our walk back to the hotel. 

Calgary Tower.  

Ryan really liked this building.  

I really liked this horse.  


Goodbye, Calgary.  Look out, Lake Louise.  

Next post will include pictures from our drive from Calgary to Lake Louise.  We made a couple stops at look out points, and also at a place called Johnston Canyon.  I had my first taste of Canadian hiking, and apparently I felt energized because our short hike to see the falls turned into a few hours, hiking to see "Inkpots."

No comments:

Post a Comment