Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Trans-Canada Highway

I mentioned in a previous post that this year was my first birthday celebration in a foreign country.  I would like to correct myself, last year (my 25th birthday) was celebrated in Russia.  I rang in my 26th in Calgary, Canada and then set off on the Trans-Canada Highway for my first "real hike" and final road trip destination at the beautiful Lake Louise.

Beautiful view from our hotel room. 

If birthday celebrations continue like this, a girl could get used to growing old(er).  :)

My inner midwestern girl came out during our drive from Calgary to Lake Louise.  I was on the look out for mountains, and when I spotted my first mountain it was major cause for celebration.  As I mentioned earlier, we stopped at a place called Johnston Canyon which was on the way to Lake Louise.  Enjoy our pictures from the drive, and look forward to pictures from my "birthday hike."

No comments:

Post a Comment