Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lake Agnes Hike

I type this final Canadian hiking post, on our last day in Houston.  After leaving beautiful Canada, we flew to Houston (not as beautiful, but the pool time was fantastic).  Ryan and I are currently sitting in the United lounge, preparing to travel to Chicago, and begin our Chicago adventure, and our wedding.

It is incredible that just last week I was hiking in mountains, through snow, and after a short flight I found myself in warm, sunny Houston.  This week of posting has been an incredible opportunity to now only revisit the beautiful pictures, but to also think about how vastly different climates can be.

Our final day in Lake Louise started early in the morning.  We wanted to get in one final hike before we drove to the airport.  Lake Agnes and the teahouse was our destination.  Bells were on the bag, camera was in hand, I was ready.



At breakfast, our waitress said that there was a planned Polar Bear Dip in honor of Canada Day.  We didn't know how long our hike would take, or whether there would be time, but Ryan expressed an interest.  I DEFINITELY had NO interest in jumping into freezing cold water.  We made it back from our hike in time, and Ryan was able to participate.  I fought the crowds and wiggled my way to the front, so I was able to snap some photos of this brave adventure.  I am so proud of my "polar bear."










Please enjoy our Lake Agnes pictures.  I will not try to even begin to put the beauty into words, I will allow the pictures to speak for themselves.

*One side note, after this trip Ryan asked, and I agreed that we can incorporate more "nature" vacations into our travels.  If nature continues to be this beautiful, I am more than willing to hike, and explore.  Don't get too excited, too quickly, I still have some adverse reactions to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment