Friday, July 6, 2012

Moraine Lake

My hiking adventures continued Saturday.  We decided to drive the a short distance to Lake Moraine.  Unfortunately, the weather was not as cooperative, it was a bit rainy and chilly.  The hike proved to be much more difficult than the previous day's.  I found myself climbing uphill for 465 meters and a distance of 8 km.  Before we began our adventure, I told Ryan I did not want to hike through snow, or rain.  We did both at Lake Moraine.



Ryan and I decided to hike the Larch Valley trail.  We were told that for safety, it was best to hike in groups of 4 or more (good thing I wore my bells).  At the start, we paired up with another young couple.  As our hike continued, our speed was quicker, so we progressed faster.  Luckily, there were plenty of hikers so we were always encountering other people.



We were able to see a few more creatures.  Our zoom came in handy to snap a few pictures of mountain goats (don't blink, you may miss them).  I also believe we saw a marmot.  We do not have too many pictures from our hike at Lake Moraine because of the rain, but please enjoy the few pictures.  



No comments:

Post a Comment