Thursday, July 5, 2012

Johnston Canyon

Our Canadian road trip took us along the Trans-Canada Highway, and along the way, I was told of Johnston Canyon.  We decided to make this a definite stopping point.  Our short 3km hike, turned into 3 hours and 11.2km.  We saw the lower and upper falls, and decided to continue to the Inkpots.



I wish the pictures could also include sound.  The loud, rushing water made the hike all the more exciting.  I don't like water in my face, but the occasional mist added to the experience.  We spotted some small creatures, nothing large.  No black bears, though I did have a few moments of, "I think I heard something," followed by a couple seconds of panic.  My novice wilderness skills were tested, but I did a good job.



Enjoy the rest of the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment