Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

One benefit of time zone differences, I can post about Valentine's Day on February 15th in Moscow, and it is still currently February 14th in the States!  

 I know it is a very commercialized holiday, exploited by the greeting card companies, and florist, but I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day.  I spent a portion of the day running around Moscow (I still pause after comments like that, "running around Moscow" Moscow!, we live in Russia!, craziness, sorry for the train derailment there, back to the original post) and collected a couple sweet treats for Ryan. 


Happy Valentine's Day, and welcome home!

Not one to buy many greeting cards, I decided to make good use of my resources, bag from bakery, pen from hotel, and a mix of English and Russian (I love you).

Tiramisu, and raspberry.  


Was very excited to find this cookie at the bakery.  I tried to explain to the worker (in Russian) that my husband LOVES Snickers, but she did not share the same excitement.  The result, an overly animated, excited American, slightly scaring the nice Russian lady.  
Love the little boxes the cupcakes are transported in.  Hello, America!
Translation (in light blue): American Laboratory of Dessert
I wonder if I could volunteer to be a laboratory tester!


The restaurant at the hotel was having a special Valentine's Dinner, since I had never been to the restaurant before, Ryan decided to take me there.  We may have slightly offended the manager when we decided to pass on the designated meal, and order off the regular menu.
Manager: "But it is a very special day, and this is a very special menu."
But, I greatly enjoyed the experience of having our caesar salad made table side, my slow cooked salmon with spinach ravioli, and bottle of Prosecco.
Note to the Polo Club: I know you are a Steakhouse, and I know you take pride in your steak, but next year, leave the raw meat hearts OFF the menu.  

No pictures of us, sorry.  I will say though, we looked mighty fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment