Friday, February 15, 2013

Local Trip

I frequently post about our adventures outside Russia, and I forget that we LIVE in Russia.  As I mentioned in the previous post, Russia!, never would I ever think I would run errands in Moscow, grab coffee at Starbucks in Moscow, or call Novorossiysk, Russia my home!  You do not see Russia on many Top 10 destinations for Conde Nest Traveller, or other travel magazines, but regardless, Russia is our current home, and I want to make sure I do not miss opportunities to explore it.  Just like in the United States, we fall into our daily routines, and forget to look around at what we may be missing.

Our first year living in Russia, we visited St. Petersburg, view post HERE.  Occasionally, we have explored Moscow during Ryan's business trips, HERE, our pre-assignment trip HERE,  a quick trip to nearby Gelendzhik, HERE.

Last week, another expat wife informed me that her driver was going to show her around a nearby city, Kabardinka.  She asked if I would like to join, and since I want to take full advantage of living, and exploring Russia (what little bit I may), I decided to join the local field trip.  The weather was perfect, beautiful, sunny, warm February day.  We were able to see, and learn a few new things.  You can view all the pictures from our local trip to Kabardinka HERE.






I don't want to refer to it as a goal, but my "goal" is to explore more of the surrounding areas, or simply take my camera along with me more often.  A day will come when we no longer live in Russia (insert smile), and I will want to look back on what life was like for us here.  A handful of Americans, living and working in Russia.  You know, when I am old and gray, and telling my grandkids about how awesome Grandma and Grandpa were, living in Russia! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment