Saturday, February 16, 2013

The day has finally arrived...

I believe this is the most advanced planned/booked vacation Ryan and I have been on (to date).  I have been anxiously awaiting this day since either September or October of last year!  Approximately four or five months of waiting, and the day has finally arrived!

One duffle bag, one carry on bag, our Exsus travel pouch, Cape Town and Garden Route Guide Book, and most importantly my African Violet Kate Spade. :)
Not pictured: my camera bag (knew I forgot something)

I had to document this first major accomplishment, sixteen days of travel, and only ONE duffle bag.  A big thank you to REI for creating such a wonderful bag, many compartments, and the size perfectly meets the maximum size acceptable for our flights!!  I made sure to find the largest bag possible, that still fit within the airline requirements.  The reason for the duffle bag?  We will be taking small, light aircrafts from Durban to our two safari locations.  Small aircrafts do not have the luggage storage capability for my normal, enormous luggage.

I have blogged quite a bit the past few days, knowing that I will gone the next 16 days.  Our days will be full of many adventures, "seize the moment" list items, and all around, "scaring my Mother" as much as possible.

A few highlights include:
Hiking Table Mountain
Chasing penguins at Boulder Beach
Visiting Cape of Good Hope
Touring Robben Island
Wine tasting in Stellenbosch
Shark diving in Hermanus
Bungee jumping at world's highest bungee bridge
Finishing with 6 day safari

Ready or not, here we come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment