Friday, March 7, 2014

Third and final...

Today, March 7, 2014 marks our third anniversary of moving to Russia.  I say final because very late last night, we received THE email, notifying us of Ryan's next job assignment.  We are very excited, but I will wait to share the details until later.  For now, it is our third Russian anniversary.

I took a moment to look back on my blog post for the first and second anniversary of our move.  The first year I talked about the language challenges, reflecting on the my growth over the first year.  Second anniversary post was much shorter. I can tell I was just "not in the mood." I focused mostly on the idea that it would most likely be our last anniversary.  HA! Should have known, I jinxed myself.  It is our third anniversary, but this time I can officially say it is our last.

I cannot say the past three years have been the easiest.  At times I found myself struggling with myself, with our location, with any random thing.  But, it was through the struggles that I have grown. I realized this during our last trip to Houston. I used to live inside this bubble.  I used to think that my world inside the bubble was so large. I pushed myself to do well in school, get a job, and I was happy, but did not push myself too much.  My bubble sprung a leak when I moved to Houston, and it popped when I moved to Russia.  There is so much more out there if only we are willing to take a chance, experience something new, and push ourselves a little bit farther.

Now that I know our time in Russia is dwindling, looking back our on move day, I would board the plane again on March 7, 2011, knowing everything that was in store for us. I could not possibly give up the incredibly memories Ryan and I have made during our time in Russia, our travels together, and our growth together. But, if I must be honest, I would change one thing. I would have purchased, and put a proper kitchen trash can in our shipment. :)

I have grown to love our kitchen hamper. 
In case you are confused, read my blog from March 15, 2011. :)

1 comment:

  1. We had seen the the all the growth and maturity you and Ryan have gone thru the last few years and it makes us so proud. We are so excited to see what good challenges this next assignment will bring. We love you guys.
    Love, Ma & Pa Pagels

    ReplyDelete