Sunday, March 9, 2014

We are moving!

I intended to post about our Russian anniversary, give a hint that we were moving, and then the following day, post about where we were moving, but one problem developed. I found myself unable to close real estate websites long enough to open the blog page. I now find myself stalker of Louisiana real estate. We are moving to Covington, LA! Ryan and I are both very excited. My excitement is much more vocal than Ryan's and involves more cheers, giggles, and random dance moves.

Covington was the one location that was not in Ryan's original Top 5. The job/location was brought to Ryan's attention while we were back in the States. When he developed his Top 3, Covington found itself into his first choice location, we are so happy, thankful that he was given his first choice! I must be completely honest here, if you would have asked me a few months ago my thoughts about moving to Louisiana, I would have responded with, "I would never move to Louisiana." Thanks to a visit, a couple weeks ago, to our good friends Tim and Kate, that are currently (and fingers crossed remain) living in Covington, I now have a better understanding. I really like the area. During our drive to Tim and Kate's, I learned that Covington is located about 30 minutes north of New Orleans. Lake Pontchartrain separates the two areas. Chevron's office is located in Covington.

My initial excitement included having a house with a backyard for Macy. I am excited that she will no longer be an apartment dog. I am excited to be surrounded by English. I am going to talk to everyone! I have numerous domestic items that I am very excited to buy.

Ryan is looking forward to his new job. While he's excited for the high possibility he will be able to travel offshore by helicopter, his true excitement surfaced yesterday when he found YouTube videos about Nutria hunting in Louisiana. I greatly enjoyed listening to him laugh, and then later discussing the hunting with my Father during a FaceTime chat, and to read everyone's comment to his Facebook post yesterday. I thought it would be fun to ride along in the airboat until I saw the video, no thank you, he can do the hunting with the guys.

We are both looking forward to a definite change from our current location. We think our time in Covington will be a great opportunity to enjoy a bit of normalcy in our lives, enjoy not having to fly endless hours on planes, and rejuvenate before the next job assignment. AND, this is where you come in, I am looking at houses with GUEST BEDROOMS, so I am looking forward to guests, COME VISIT US IN LOUISIANA!

1 comment:

  1. Dad and Uncle Chet are making up plans to bluid their own swamp boat. The only thing is they have to use Uncle Chets truck motor and he doesn't know about that yet. You have started a lot of dinner conversations in our house Ryan some not to pleasing to eat while talking about how they are going to hunt these things.
    Ma Pagels

    ReplyDelete