Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring Break Visit...

Apparently New Orleans is a pretty popular designation right now. My Facebook newsfeed has many posts, and pictures from various people visiting the city. I didn't realize it was such a popular destination, but I was delighted to have some friends come visit me!

Two of my good friends came to visit over their Spring Break. It seems like it was only last week (it's actually been over 2 weeks), that we had our girl's week, conquering everything New Orleans and the surrounding area. Not to mention, sampling every local food we could think of. I have lived here for almost a year, but thanks to Sarah and Jessica, I experienced more in the days they were here, than in my entire time living here. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

I was really bad with pictures. Sarah took some amazing pictures with her camera. Jessica was amazing with asking people to take pictures of us. Please enjoy the following pictures I do have from their visit:

Sarah proved the most courageous with the live alligators.
Jessica proved the most courageous with the food sampling. But I must add, Sarah tried a lot of different foods, Jessica and I were very proud!
 
One of our plantation stops.
Laura Plantation


Cafe Du Monde…
One can never have too many beignets...

So we went on a swamp tour, and saw more pigs than alligators. This particular piggy decided to climb on the boat. Needless to say, the video Jessica was able to record was priceless. 

I explained to Ryan he does not need to go hunting for pigs, just go on a swamp tour, they come to you. Either that, or go hunting with marshmallows, the piggies LOVE them!

We did "catch" one alligator. 
I hope they enjoyed their trip as much as I enjoyed having them visit. It's a good time when three midwestern ladies take on New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment