Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Time seems to be flying...

My intentions to post weekly bump posts have proven unsuccessful. Everything is progressing well in regards to the baby. I am very thankful I continue to feel good because we seem to always have something going on. Ryan completed his first Olympic triathlon, I had some awesome friends spend their Spring Break with me, and we completed the second race in our Crescent City Challenge. For now, I will catch you up on the latter, but stay tuned for posts about the other happenings. Time seems to be flying…

The Crescent City Classic is a very popular 10K race in New Orleans. Over 25,000 people participated. 25,000 people, and 5 port-a-pots at the starting line, and at each mile, definitely a reasonable toilet to participant ratio (major sarcasm).

Ryan did very well. After he finished, he ran back to meet me along the path, and walk with me to the finish line. He learned that finishing in the Top 500 was a big deal, many people attempt to finish in the Top 500. He was not aware of this, but because he is a superstar, and with a finishing time of 43 minutes, he unknowingly finished in the Top 500!

Top 500 finishers received a race poster (that's what is in the tube).

Unfortunately, I did not finish in the Top 500. :) I finished an hour after Ryan (his first finish), with a time of 1 hour 43 minutes, not too bad for a preggers, power walking, and a bathroom stop at a very understanding restaurant near mile 5. I only saw one other pregnant lady, as I passed her, Boom! I am sure there were other pregnant ladies, but I like to think if there was a pregnant category, I would have placed near the top. :)



Two successful Crescent City Challenges completed. The next takes place the first weekend in June. Depending on when Baby Boy Lang decides to make his appearance, I am not too sure if I will be ready to participate, but I will try my best.

And for that baby bump. Baby is growing, bump is growing, Mom is feeling like a whale, all is well. :)

A change of background for the photos since I am trying to finish nursery decorating. Stay tuned for the finished product. I am really liking the way everything is coming together. 

Last, but definitely not least, pretty girl, Macy. I have been taking her on daily walks, and she is becoming quite the skinny minny, losing 9 pounds since we moved from Russia! We are loving the warm, sunny weather; before the summer heat and humidity rolls in.

She loves riding in the Jeep with the top off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment