Monday, August 6, 2012

12 Days in Paradise

Since my last post, nearly a month ago, many things have happened.  Ryan and I returned to Russia July 30th, after a very romantic and fun wedding, followed by a relaxing, breathtaking honeymoon.

July 14th, Ryan and I celebrated with our dearest family and friends at our beautiful wedding.  I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding.  Ryan and I are so thankful for everyone who was able to attend, and the celebration that took place.  I do not have pictures from the wedding yet, but our photographers, Nichole Frank Photography and Lauren Lewallen Photography both have sneak peeks on their Facebook Photography pages!!

July 16th, Ryan and I set off for our Honeymoon, 12 Days in Paradise.  Our destination was beautiful French Polynesia.  The itinerary included the islands of Tahiti, Rangiroa, and Bora Bora.  I will not focus on our nightmarish airline experience in route to Tahiti, you name it, and it went wrong, cancelled flights, lost baggage, and running through airports to make connections.  The memory still makes me furious.  Luckily, we survived the nightmare, and landed in Tahiti.  Really, we could not have picked a more perfect place, we quickly forgot our travel troubles and quickly dove into paradise.

I am still in the process of uploading all the pictures to my online photo albums, but here are a few of my favorite (along with 3 of my least favorite).


Sunset in our "backyard" in Rangiroa.  





Ryan in our "backyard" in Tahiti. 

Our "backyard" in Bora Bora. 


View from breakfast in Bora Bora. 

Hiking in Bora Bora.  



And for the 3 least favorite pictures from the entire trip.
This is what our suitcases looked like once they arrived.  

United (whoops I mentioned the airline) did not lose just one bag, but all 3.  

Our name was chalked all over the bags.  At least our bags arrived as quickly as they possibly could.  Fortunately we were in a destination where not much clothing was required, simply a bikini (swim trunks for Ryan).  

No comments:

Post a Comment