Thursday, May 30, 2013

Everyday moments...

It has been a week since I last checked in.  I try to frequently have the camera near, you never know when something ordinary, turns into a photo worthy moment.  Even if it isn't a photo worthy moment, it is an everyday moment, and with that said, here are a few pictures I recently uploaded from my camera:

Macy was so excited when Ryan returned from his Sunday mountain biking (extreme) adventure.

I received a shock when I walked into our guest bathroom, my words "it looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is hanging in our bathroom!"  Ryan had rinsed all his mountain biking gear, and was letting it dry. 

What do you do with leftover bacon cheddar biscuits?
You make a bacon cheddar egg biscuit sandwich.  Yummy breakfast to start Ryan's day. 

What's the best way to say thanks for working hard?
You bake giant chocolate chip cookies for the guys on Ryan's team. 

Someone was all ready to go to sleep.  

Ironically enough, this is where the night ended.  Macy's kennel in my bedroom.
Ryan was in Moscow (the night before he was to return home).  The fire alarm went off two or three times, starting around 11:30 p.m.  Poor Macy did not like the noise, so I moved her kennel into our bedroom where the alarm could not be heard as loudly.  Rough night's sleep for both of us.  

The basil plant is still alive!  It is actually growing like crazy, so I am trying to find ways to use it.
This week it was roasted red bell pepper, basil, and mozzarella pasta salad.
I also made a basil mustard sauce to serve with a ham.
As I anxiously count down the days until our next getaway, and my incredible Summer 2013 begins, I try to remember to celebrate the everyday moments....

No comments:

Post a Comment