Thursday, May 9, 2013

LOVE Tulips....

Amsterdam was the perfect long weekend getaway.  It was everything I imagined it would be, and MORE.  We were warned to expect rain, it always rains in Amsterdam.  It did not rain ONCE!  The weather was perfect, a little chilly at times, but sunny and beautiful.  Our first full day in Amsterdam was spent at Keukenhof, fulfilling one of my dreams.  We were surrounded by endless tulips and other various flowers.  LOVE tulips!





After hours of walking through the gardens, we decided to wander over to the bike rentals, rent a bike to tour the flower fields.  All bikes were GONE.  I was ready to head back to Amsterdam, Ryan thought we should wait.  We waited, and were finally rewarded with bikes.  The man asked how long we would like to bike, they had various routes.  Of course, Ryan chose the longest route.  It started off nice enough, bike trails, tulip fields, streams, cute homes.  BUT, at some point the tulips were no longer present, nor bike trails, or homes.  We found ourselves on a off-road path, surrounded by SAND!  The wind was STRONG, and I was COLD.  You know what that means, I was NOT the happiest.  Eventually, we made it back to tulips, cute homes, and paved bike trails.  I was a happy little lady.



So happy Ryan ignored my crankiness, and had someone take this picture.  


Now, if only I could figure out the cause for my insatiable hunger in Amsterdam.......stay tuned.

Want to see more pictures from Keukenhof, and our bike tour?  
Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment