Sunday, May 19, 2013

Russian Yard Work

Last weekend, Ryan officially earned a future landscaper/lawn maintenance person.  He has always said, when we own a house, he was going to hire someone to maintain the yard.  I always said, he can do his own yard work.  After last weekend, he has fully earned a landscaper.

Is that a manual lawn mower?  Yes, yes it is. 

Nothing is ever easy in Russia. 

Macy did not like all the rattling noises the mower made.   

We finally convinced her to run pass the lawn mower.  Ryan continued mowing while Macy and I played in the other area.  

I don't think I have ever posted a picture before, but this is our Russian apartment building.   View from the dog area, our "backyard."

Did I assist? No, I did not.  I do not have much experience with lawn work.
My father is very particular with his lawn care, so I was never allowed to use the riding mower on the lawn.  Not that I ever really complained. 

What's the best thing after playing in the yard?  Ice cubes!
I was a good wife, and when Ryan came in from the yard, I made him a yummy smoothie. 
 
I do not expect a repeat of the yard work in the near future.  The manual lawn mower did not win many points with Ryan.  I can't blame him.  Regardless if the mower makes another appearance or not, Ryan has officially earned a future landscaper/lawn maintenance person.

Russian Yard Work.... Making even basic tasks an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment