Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bora Bora

Our honeymoon continued with 5 nights in Bora Bora.   We thought we were in the most beautiful place in the world in Rangiroa, but were pleasantly surprised with the incredible beauty of Bora Bora.  Where Rangiroa won in the simplicity and relaxation category, Bora Bora takes gold (can you tell I am currently watching the Olympics) in beauty.  We had arrived in paradise.



We arrived after sunset, so we were not able to see how incredibly beautiful everything was, until we woke up the next morning.  I couldn't believe the view from our bungalow, and walking around the resort, I was speechless.  I have never seen water so blue, teal, clear, and all shades in between.  The weather was not as perfect as Rangiroa, a couple mornings we woke to rain, but it quickly moved along, and left sunny skies.





Much of our time was spent working on our tans and playing at the beach,  but we did work in a few activities.  Our resort had a nice snorkeling lagoon, and the fish were very friendly.  People often buy fish food and take it with them, so the fish have become very familiar with snorkelers.  We also booked a hike.  Eric was our guide, and he was a very interesting island man.  It was very high on the adventure scale, but I survived, and was thankful I made it to the top when we saw the view.  When you mix me and outdoor adventure, you also have to mix me and pampering.  Ryan and I enjoyed a very relaxing couples massage, just what was needed.





Click on the link to view our Bora Bora Photo Album:

No comments:

Post a Comment